Saturday, 22 March 2014

A list of cool films to watch

There's so many films I have to watch / watch again. I'm a total nerd when it comes to surfing the web for great films. Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB being my top haunts.
So I created a small list of films to fire up through Apple TV / Netflix / DVD or some other questionable means.
I should add that I was chilling with coffee and Tom Waits for company as I compiled this list. Not sure whether that influenced me in any way!

  • The Fabulous Baker Boys
  • Coyote Ugly
  • Cape Fear
  • Predator
  • Crazy Heart
  • Less Than Zero
  • American Psycho
  • Pretty in Pink
  • L.A. Confidential
  • The Usual Suspects
I'm particularly interested in L.A. Confidential. A film I never saw and one that I really ought to have seen. I love that noir style and by all accounts it's wonderfully shot and acted.
I guess Predator stands out here as the only action movie. But God it's good. To hell with acting this is Arnie at his best for me. Great film, great locations and some brilliant one-liners.
But I'm going to start with Less than Zero. A film I watched many moons ago but one that properly captured the 80s for me. I loved John Hughes but this one steals the show with its edgy, disfunctional style.

Time to crack open the wine, crisps and cheese board. It's going to be a long night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment