Tuesday, 6 August 2013

The Five Key Turning Points Of All Successful Movie Scripts

The Five Key Turning Points Of All Successful Movie Scripts.

I can't tell you how useful this link has been to me just lately. I'm working on a screenplay for a story I've had shelved for so many years it's embarrassing.

I'd bought books many years ago to teach me the art of screenwriting but they were all quite stuffy and in a couple of cases rather ambiguous.

Michael Hauge's Six Stage Plot Structure

I always knew there was a formula to writing the Hollywood style screenplay and thanks to the simple breakdown linked above I've successfully remapped my story, character development and everything else on to it. Writing the script now is a breeze and instead of worrying about structure I'm just enjoying adding little details here and there to enrich what the audience sees and hears.

No comments:

Post a Comment